Sonas Recruitment is currently assisting a medium sized civil engineering contractor with their search for a, Senior Engineer / Project Manager to lead works in Co Donegal. The company in question is a specialist in water & utilities projects and have recently won tender for numerous large projects in the North West region of Ireland. They specifically require an experienced individual or PM with strong knowledge of water projects. This role is permanent and would suit a Senior Engineer looking to step up into a management position.
- Competent in the use of instruments for purposes of setting out and gathering information
- Consolidate a reputation for innovative engineering, technical expertise and professionalism.
- Ensure all technical information is available when required for the delivery of design and/or construction.
- Liaise with design team as necessary.
- Co-ordinate, direct and manage sub-contractors and suppliers as required by the project programme.
- Application of engineering principles in the preparation of calculations/drawings/sketches and resolution of engineering challenges within specific knowledge areas.
- Implementing engineering systems, documentation and controls by compliance with Health & Safety legislation, Company and industry standards
- Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of various engineering disciplines including planning, QS, QA/QC, materials, plant and equipment, sub structure, superstructure, and temporary works.
- To promote forward thinking and strive for engineering excellence.
- Degree educated in Civil Engineering or related field
- 3+ years in similar role on water or utility projects
- Candidate from Senior Engineer background (5+ years experience)
- Knowledgeable and confident in dealing with clients, stakeholders and project teams
- Excellent programming and reporting skills
- Highly computer literate in relevant tools, including MS Office, project programming & analysis tools