About the role
- Civil Engineering contractor – medium sized
- General civils work – residential and roads.
- Initial project is in Cork
- Manage site staff and all contractors
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality completion.
- Commercially minded
- Monitor construction, regarding quality of workmanship and materials
- Plan, maintain and control finical administration of all construction work in obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Responsible for Health and Safety
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
- Initiating the procurement process & reporting changes to the project.
- Preparing of Method Statements and the and Project Schedule and maintain those during the course of the project
- Chair regular internal meetings when required.
- The suitable candidate must have 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Experience on civils and groundworks projects.
- Able to form strong and productive relationships across at peer group level
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in Word, Power Point and Excel skills