About the role
Our client, a leading civil Engineering and marine contractor are looking to recruit a Project Manager to join their team on a large heavy civils project in Louth on a permanent basis. The contractor works mainly on civils and marine projects nationwide. The initial project is in Louth, with further projects across the North Leinster region.
- Manage site staff and all contractors
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality completion.
- Commercially minded
- Monitor compliance with design and build procedures
- Monitor progress against cost plans, programmes and quality plans
- Plan, maintain and control finical administration of all construction work in obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Responsible for Health and Safety
- Site progress meetings, monitor progress and produce progress reports.
- Effective communication with client, stakeholders, design team and local authorities
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise form details issued or from situations as they arise on site.
- Keeping the project team informed on all relevant aspects of technical & engineering issues that arise on the project
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction/engineering related discipline.
- 10+ years experience
- Experience on heavy civils projects.
- Knowledge of the requirements of CDM regulations
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in Word, Power Point and Excel skills