About the role
Our client, a leading civil Engineering contractor are looking to add a Project Manager to their ever growing team in Galway on a permanent basis. The contractor works mainly on residential and groundworks projects nationwide. The Initial project is in Galway, with further projects across the Connacht region.
- Manage site staff and all contractors
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality completion.
- Commercially minded
- Monitor construction, regarding quality of workmanship and materials
- Plan, maintain and control finical administration of all construction work in obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Responsible for Health and Safety
- Site progress meetings, monitor progress and produce progress reports.
- Effective communication with client, stakeholders, design team and local authorities
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise form details issued or from situations as they arise on site.
- Keeping the project team informed on all relevant aspects of technical & engineering issues that arise on the project
- The suitable candidate must have 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Experience on civils and groundworks projects.
- Able to form strong and productive relationships across at peer group level
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in Word, Power Point and Excel skills