We currently have an opening for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a top tier civil engineering company. They are highly regarded with operations all over the country. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the QS will assist in the monthly reporting and day to day commercial management of a project in Dublin. This is a full time permanent position.
- Work closely with the Commercial Manager and other team members to provide effective commercial management of the project.
- To maximise the successful running and commercial control of the project. Commercial management of the project through reporting of on-site activities to enable the project team to achieve best value, make informed decisions and manage costs.
- To maintain an up to date awareness of activities and standards within the company’s business sectors as they relate to this appointment.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision and Mission.
- To demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
- To assist the site team to ensure that the project accounts team are able to capture costs in line with the agreed WBS coding for the project in an accurate and timely manner to meet month end reporting deadlines
- Assist the Commercial Manager in their preparation of the monthly reports and dashboards helping to ensure that these are produced on time and that the content of these is both accurate and up to date, reflecting known events
- Assisting the Commercial Manager to update the project budget and forecast to completion on a monthly basis
- Reviewing the latest designs and costing same to ensure that there has not been design growth. With the help of the design, construction team any design growth shall be interrogated to satisfy ourselves that it is required. Any design growth which is related to the Client shall be notified as a claim event. Any design growth which is related to the Designer shall be recorded.
- Reviewing the production costs of the direct works being carried out by the Contractor and reviewing these against the budget and the outputs included in the budget. The reasons for any differential will have to be reviewed with the construction team to ensure the most effective practices are in place.
- Review and update procurement schedules to reflect progress on a monthly basis
- Support the commercial approach to key areas of risk and opportunity throughout the life of the project.
- Procuring subcontractor’s including preparation of comparative and preparation of subcontracts.
- Management of subcontract accounts, ensuring that the subcontract payments are based on accurate valuation and are made in line with the terms of the subcontracts.
- Ensure accurate records of site activities undertaken and events are maintained and collated for easy reference.
- Provide support to the Commercial Manager for the identification and evaluation for change and the valuation of compensation events. Provide support to the Commercial Manager for the negotiation of CE valuations with the clients’ representatives.
- Maintain a high level of awareness and knowledge of the industry in which the company operates in.
- Support the company’s ethos and mission by carrying out all duties to a high standard.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Minimum of 5 years surveying experience
- Familiar with current forms of contracts
- Civils project experience
- Diligent and capable of working in an independent capacity
APPLY FOR THIS JOB