We are currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor for a industry leading civil engineering company involved in water & waste water pipelines and treatment plants, roads, earthworks and marine works throughout Ireland. This is a permanent position with great career progression based in the companies office in Cork.
This is a permanent role and our client has a preference towards candidates who have a stable work history.
- Commercial control of projects
- Internal cost comparisons and cost projections
- Lead a team of QSs through on-site valuations and progress reports
- Monthly cost/value reports and management accounts
- Identify legitimate contractual claim situations and prepare suitable and sufficient documentation to clients
- Analysis of cost over-run and other implications
- The ability to take on the responsibility of numerous projects at once
- Liaising with project managers in the project team
- Handling contract variations
- Mentoring a team of Junior and Intermediate QSs
- A relevant Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree in a Construction Economics/Quantity Surveying related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Civils & utilities experience is essential
- Experience on water & wastewater is desirable