Our client, an established Civil Engineering firm is growing its clientele, and have an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Roscommon. The company operates as Principal or Sub-Contractor on public or private projects, and for many National Construction Companies and Housing Developers throughout Ireland and in the UK. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in civil engineering, be organised, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. The Quantity Surveyor will provide support to the Construction team on all quantity Surveying functions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working within a small team and reporting directly to the Commercial Director.
- Managing and forecasting the cash flow of the project.
- Ensure compliance with Contract schedule and provide reports to management and construction team.
- Management of Subcontractors
- Cost monitoring and reporting while attending all monthly cost reporting meetings
- Preparation of budgets.
- Submission of applications for payment.
- Submission of supporting documentation
- Preparation of final accounts
Qualifications and Skills
- Quantity Surveying third level qualification
- 3+ years’ experience in a civil engineering QS role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- NEC / Fidic / GCCC contract experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with emphasis on ability to provide concise reports
This role will require travel between the company’s head office and various sites that the company is currently working on. Occasional overnight stays may be required. All travel expenses and accommodation will be reimbursed by the company.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB