- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: IrelandMunster
- Sector: Civils, Utilities & Infrastructure
- Contact: Peter O'Neill
- Mobile: +353 85 163 3316
- Email: email@example.com
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a well-established Civil Engineering Construction company in Co. Clare. The position will be based in based in Clare and the successful applicant will have a range of responsibilities, details of which are contained below.
The ideal candidate will have 4 years’ + experience working in civil’s contractors undertaking a number of different projects.
- Total ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the lifecycle of the project.
- Responsible for the preparation of all tenders and contracts documents.
- Overall responsibility for creation and representation of revenue, cost and profit margin plans and cash flow statements.
- Responsibility for commercial risk management
- Point of contact and interface for all relevant teams and team members
- Preparation and representation of plans for risk and value management and cost control
- Direct input on Purchasing methodologies and pricing systems to ensure competitiveness throughout the entire process
- Value completed work, certifying progress claims and scheduling payments to contractors against work completed
- Ensuring budgets and costs at every stage are managed effectively and presented as scheduled to the Financial Director.
- Writing detailed, accurate, timely progress reports having analysed all outcomes
- Define and implement change order procedures with clients and negotiate all costs with clients.
- Review all incoming correspondence to identify contractually critical items and to reply effectively in all cases.
- Preparing and analysing variations and implementing recoveries on multiple projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ working on civil’s projects for contractors as a Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum Degree qualification or higher
- MS Excel and MS project desirable.
- Experience working with both main and sub contractors on civil engineering projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Demonstrate ability to work autonomously.