Our client, a mid sized civil engineering contractor, are looking to add an experienced Quantity Surveyor to their team in Co Kildare. The role requires the successful applicant to be constantly communicating and negotiating with clients & business associates and be required to utilise their knowledge to verify, monitor and approve commercial agreements and documentation to ensure the successful delivery of the project. This is a permanent role with a competitive package offered.
- Role will be that of Project QS on a number of projects simultaneously; reporting to Commercial Director;
- Good working knowledge of the following is required:
- Standard forms of contract – including Public Works, Engineer’s Ireland, NEC, FIDIC, JCT;
- Looking after the sourcing and appointment of subcontractors, attending planning meetings, documentation and schedules, dealing with applications, variation schedules, measurement, accounting and payments schedules and all contractual correspondence through to final accounts.
- Develop & project valuations & progress reports
- Maintain and control project profitability through high standard cost reporting
- Handle contract variations, cost/value reports and management accounts
- Evolve procurement standards and procedure
- Principal civils methods of measurement and standard specifications – including CESMM and NRA/TII documents
- Software: MS Office suite, including Excel and Project. Estimating/ Valuations software is Causeway (training will be provided). Digital document management system also in place.
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering (or similar field)
- 3- 5 years relevant experience on civils projects
- Excellent IT skills