Sonas Recruitment are assisting a well-established civil engineering contractor in their search for a Project QS to join their team in Cork. This is an excellent long-term opportunity with a strong pipeline of work in the region for the successful candidate. This role is permanent and previous experience on water projects would be very beneficial. The company in question will also interview applicants who have worked on roads, utilities and general heavy civils projects in excess of €5m in value.
- Develop and project valuations and progress reports
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Handle contract variations, cost/value reports and management accounts
- Evolve procurement standards and procedure
- Provide direction for contract and tender preparation, presentation and acquisition
- Educated to Honours Degree level (minimum) in Quantity Surveying
- 3 + years of practical experience in a project QS and/or civil estimating environment in Ireland or the UK
- Marine experience desirable but not essential
- Strong operational ability and an attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills