We are recruiting a Project QS to join a medium sized specialist engineering group and manage all commercial aspects of allocated civils and utilities projects in the Dublin area. Our client is a civils and utilities engineering company with and have extensive experience of water projects. Ideally the this Project QS will be seeking a long-term opportunity and highly experienced in relevant forms of contract in Ireland. The role is permanent and offers a genuine pathway to senior positions in the future.
- To liaise and collaborate with the construction teams in all aspects of our contractual activities.
- Take ownership for maximising commercial results.
- To represent and serve the best interests of the company to meet client expectations and encourage repeat business.
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- Liaise with the estimators at hand-over
- Prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately and in accordance with company procedure.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
- Prepare, and in conjunction with senior management agree final account with clients representative..
- Manage Job specific procurement
- Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
- Maintain control of sub contractor’s accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
- 4+ years experience in a similar Project QS or Intermediate QS role
- Experience reporting to Senior QS & Commercial Management team
- Experienced in the mentoring of Junior QSs