About the Role:
Our client, is currently seeking an Estimator to join their Natural Resources unit in Newbridge, Co. Kildare. The company in question carries out civils and mechanical works in sectors.such as pipe fabrication, gas installations, transmission gas and oil steel pipelines, tank farms for the oil industry and PE pipelines. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well establlished contractor. It is a full time permanent position.
- Ensure that the tender provides the “winning strategy” including margin/profit decisions.
- Contribute to the management team maintaining close contact with other departments.
- Contribute to the development of novel value engineered solutions with innovative and alternate ideas.
- Produce enquiry schedules for scope of works and packages required from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications.
- Identify tender deliverables required from the project designers.
- Prepare subcontract packages as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain robust, accurate, cost estimates for projects
- Evaluate quotations returned from suppliers and where necessary enter into correspondence to bring quotations in line with the project specific requirements.
- Prepare accurate quantity take-offs from project documentation.
- Prepare activity schedules for projects; utilising appropriate estimating software.
- Provide input for or maintain the project risk register.
- Prepare BOQ for scopes of projects on estimating programmes such as CCS Candy.
- Prepare commercial documents for handover to the project execution team.
- Develop direct reports in accordance with company policy.
- Contribute to the development of standard procedures.
- Attend meetings (pre and post tender) with Professional Team and Client.
- Attend site visits.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying / Engineering is essential
- Full Drivers Licence
- IT skills with Estimating Software
- A good understanding of the various forms of contract
- Minimum 7 years’ construction experience
- Experience in pricing works for a pipe fabrication facility
- 2 to 3 years’ estimating experience on projects up to £25m
- Experience in pricing pipeline projects
- Be able to complete civil & mechanical take offs from first principles
- Experience in pricing gas installations projects
- Be able to review ITT Technical & Commercial documentation on an individual project basis
- Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)