We are currently recruiting an Estimator on behalf of our client, a large civils contractor in Galway. The company are a highly regarded contractor who have previous experience of delivering projects across all sectors in construction. The position is a full time, permanent role and provides the opportunity to work on notable civils, utilities and infrastructure projects. Previous experience on water projects would be very beneficial.
- Tender document control
- Checking Bill of Quantities for accuracy and managing Bill of Quantity production on a Design & Build tender
- Reviewing the Contract for each tender
- Compiling, issuing and adjudicating subcontractor/supplier tender quotations
- Preparing estimate Direct and Indirect Costs
- Identifying, analysing and developing risk registers
- Presenting estimates to the Board for review
- Preparing tender and contract documents for submission
- 5+ years experience in a similar role; main contracting experience desirable
- Civil Engineering or Construction related degree essential
- Excellent time management skills and must be able to complete projects before deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced IT skills. Experience with Candy estimating software is an advantage.