About the Role
Our client, a leading main contractor are seeking to add a Civils QS to their team in Dublin. The company in question prides themselves on putting their Clients’ interests first and are passionate about achieving their business needs in a way that provides them with their very best construction experience.The QS will oversee the relevant business unit needs and handle daily business issues. They will be constantly communicating and negotiating with clients & business associates and be required to utilise their knowledge to verify, monitor and approve commercial agreements and documentation to ensure the successful delivery of the project. This is a permanent position.
- Maintaining good relations with clients and their representatives.
- Representing the Company’s interest at meetings held relating to the work under their control.
- Supporting Regional Directors to perform commercial/contractual duties as necessary.
- Liaising with other departments to provide information to improve the service provided and received by the Commercial / Financial Departments.
- Preparation of monthly, interim and final valuations, applications for payment, reconciliations of valuations and costs, and certification of amounts for contract, sub-contractors, specialists and suppliers.
- Providing the necessary information to enable an accurate and regular review of cash flow and position on contracts to be maintained.
- Recovery of all monies to which the Company is entitled in return for all work undertaken.
- Providing support, guidance, training and mentorship to develop the commercial team.
- Advise senior management of all issues which may have an impact on the performance of the Company, whether commercial, operational or otherwise.
- Ensure understanding and adherence to all contract obligations by stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed projected financial outcomes and valuation / cost reconciliations for contract control meetings.
- Liaise with other departments to provide controls to operate during progress of contracts.
- Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuations with client representatives
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering (or similar field)
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution. (Desirable)
- Over 5 years’ experience working in the Construction Industry (Civils / Utilities / Design & Build / Water Wastewater experience desirable but not essential)
- Excellent communication skills