We are currently assisting a well established engineering company with their recruitment of a Civils Estimator. The company in question have operations all over the country. The successful candidate will report to the Bid Director and will be based in Dublin. This is a full time permanent position
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Upon receipt of a request for quotation analyse all scopes of work, drawings, specifications and client pricing documentation and ensure that they form the basis of bidding.
- Raise technical and commercial queries with Clients and incorporate any responses into the bid.
- Develop detailed first principles estimates for each rate item ensuring that these are fully aligned with the Client’s BOQ requirements.
- Obtain quotation from the market such as from vendors or subcontractors and perform bid tab analysis from a technical and commercial viewpoint., interrogating these quotations for scope gaps and variances.
- Consult internally with personnel in other departments including Construction, Commercial, EHS, Quality and Legal to develop the execution strategy, around which the pricing is built.
- Ability to prepare cash flows for projects with minimal guidance.
- Participation in risk reviews.
- Preparation of internal reports detailing the basis of estimate and compilation of presentations for Management review.
- Assist in the compilation of tender submissions as required.
- In post tendering phase liaise with the Client and respond to any requests for clarifications that may arise once the Client has reviewed the Actavo submission.
- Participate in final negotiations with prospective Clients as required.
- Preparation of handover documentation to facilitate a seamless transition from Estimating to Operations.
- Educated to degree level/ Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying.1
- 10 years experience in a similar role.
- Ability to understand specifications, tender documents, technical drawings
- Excellent analytical, numeric and IT skills with good attention to detail.
- Conquest Estimating software would be beneficial but not mandatory.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills require
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Project Management and Planning
- Time Management
- Strong customer focus & commitment to quality and procedures
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Positive and helpful manner combined with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good Team player
- Ability to deal confidently with internal and external personnel at all level