We are currently assisting our client, a well established civils contractor, who are seeking to add an experienced Quantity Surveyor to their team in Galway. The company in question have experience in delivering significant civils projects throughout the West of Ireland. This is a full time permanent role.
- Total ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the lifecycle of the project.
- Responsible for the preparation of all tenders and contracts documents.
- Overall responsibility for creation and representation of revenue, cost and profit margin plans and cash flow statements.
- Responsibility for commercial risk management
- Point of contact and interface for all relevant teams and team members
- Preparation and representation of plans for risk and value management and cost control
- Direct input on Purchasing methodologies and pricing systems to ensure competitiveness throughout the entire process
- Value completed work, certifying progress claims and scheduling payments to contractors against work completed
- Ensuring budgets and costs at every stage are managed effectively and presented as scheduled to the Financial Director.
- Writing detailed, accurate, timely progress reports having analysed all outcomes
- Define and implement change order procedures with clients and negotiate all costs with clients.
- Review all incoming correspondence to identify contractually critical items and to reply effectively in all cases.
- Preparing and analysing variations and implementing recoveries on multiple projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ working on civil’s projects for contractors as a Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum Degree qualification or higher
- MS Excel and MS project desirable.
- Experience working with both main and sub contractors on civil engineering projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Demonstrate ability to work autonomously.