We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Officer to join a Civil Engineering Contractor who specialise in groundworks. The role will be based in West Dublin and the candidate will be accountable for the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety compliance in all their activities.
- Ensure efficient management of all H&S functions within the company
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and implement the project health and safety goals
- Complete day to day site activities e.g site inspections, attend meetings, complete risk assessments, review sub contractor documentation, site inductions etc
- Annually review the policy and safety management system
- Review and authorise for issue new and revised health and safety procedure
- Provide feedback to senior management.
- Review all accident reports and ensure appropriate distribution, ensure that incident data is entered on the appropriate incident management database, devise and promote initiatives to deal with the causes of recurring accidents. Maintain statistical records of injuries, diseases, near misses and dangerous occurrences resulting from activities and review them regularly for trends
- Assess company training requirements, ensuring necessary training is organised and training records maintained
- Continue to implement OSHAS 18001 within the company and assist in preparation for annual audit.
- Implementation of behavior Based Safety Initiatives
- Level 7/8 qualification in Health and Safety
- The post holder should be educated to degree level or equivalent. A lower educational level, may be acceptable where a very significant level of experience in a senior H&S management role can be demonstrated
- The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills and to be able to report at Senior Management level
- In depth knowledge of current and future Health and Safety legislation and best practice
- Previously Health and Safety experience in similar sized construction organisation
- Business and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills and a clear understanding of how to match legal and project requirements
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
Health and Safety Officer, H&S Adviser, | Civils | DublinAPPLY FOR THIS JOB