We are currently assisting a leading main contractor with their recruitment of a Graduate Health and Safety Officer. The company in question are a Top Tier contractor who have experience in delivering significant projects all over the country. The successful candidate will work as part of a vibrant team in Cork. This is a full time permanent position with potential for growth within the company.
- Assist the Site Safety Advisor to help ensure H&S management systems are implemented and maintained across the site.
- Managing the administration for the Health & Safety induction & training plans for all site personnel.
- Regularly review and assisting the update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Manage training & compliance files for all colleagues & sub-contractors on site
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Assist the H&S Officer when liaising with client’s representatives while on site including attendance at meetings
- Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and tool box talks
- Investigate/report accidents and incidents on-site ensuring relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with project stakeholders
- Degree qualification or its equivalent in Health & Safety
- 1 years’ experience in a Health & Safety role on construction projects (not essential)
- Ability to work on large scale, high headcount construction sites & sub-contractors essential.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.