- Salary: €60,000 -€70,000
- Location: IrelandGalwayConnacht
- Sector: Civils & Utilities
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852631153
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to their continued growth and expansion in their Building & Infrastructure Team, our client, has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Manager to join their company Headquarters based in Galway City Centre. This is a permanent role and offers the successful candidate long-term opportunities for career development in the areas of drafting, 3D modelling and BIM.
The role offers a very friendly and attractive work environment with active sports and social club. A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a defined career path for development in one of the largest indigenous consultancies in Ireland.
The BIM Manager’s role is to understand how BIM will affect project workflows and project management throughout the organisation. The primary responsibility is to manage and coordinate BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement on all related BIM projects, files and models.
- Responsible for developing and implementing BIM Strategy
- Be the project based BIM point of contact and be responsible for the delivery of BIM & digital objectives on the project during its entire lifecycle from pre-construction, through to handover and operation
- Support the project team with preparing the EIR/IMR, accessing and identifying appropriate digital activities for the project and reviewing pre-contract BEP
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to assure compliance with project requirements, company standards, procedures and industry codes. Working closely with the project delivery team, designers and subcontractors to provide and manage project documentation
- Develop and manage 4D BIM Model with support from project control team
- Hold and chair BIM coordination meetings and record 3D BIM clashes throughout the project, generate and distribute reports, action points and owners
- Work closely with project lead and provide weekly look ahead and progress report’s
- Support H&S + Site Team to review/manage risk associated with site activities
- Support each project team by managing and creating content library files and templates, enforcing standards, and evaluating project models against the BEP, MIDP and MPDT requirements
- Train personnel in the use of BIM Tools, Documentation and awareness to assist in the management and delivery of the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role
- Superior in-depth working knowledge of Autodesk AEC Suites and a skilled user of cloud collaboration platform along with ESRI product
- Good working knowledge of Geographical Information System, data storage and records management
- Implementation of best design practice, project delivery, and construction methods
- Development and Implementation of BIM Strategy
- Managing coordination meetings and clash detection reporting using 3D BIM software
Formal Education Qualifications
- Engineering / Architectural or construction qualification to degree level
- Excellent understanding of BIM Certification – BIM Level 2 and the PAS1192 / ISO 19650.
To apply please email your CV to Cian@sonasrecruitment.com