We are currently assisting a civil engineering contractor with the recruitment of a Site Agent in Sligo. The company are specialists in the delivery of civil, utilities, water and pipeline projects and due to a strong order book in the Connacht region, are on the lookout for a Senior Engineer / Site Agent to join their team. The successful candidate will have experience in the delivery of underground services and heavy civil engineering projects.
This is a permanent position and provides opportunity for long-term career progression.
- Implementation of strong Health & Safety, Quality, Environmental procedures & inspections.
- Preparation and implementation of Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Liaise with the Clients Representative, Consultants, Councils and the public.
- Ensuring all work is carried out to specification and to high standard.
- Control, supervision & recording of Plant, Labour & Materials on site
- Site Set up and documentation preparation
- Accurate record keeping of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of same to company management, commercial team and client.
- Procurement of Materials.
- Subcontractor management
- Production of project handover documentation.
- Hands on management approach
- HSE management & Quality control
- Qualification in Civil Engineering or similar would be desirable
- Available for work in the Sligo / Donegal or general Connacht (North West) regions and commutable locations as required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience Civil & Utilities projects
- Experience of water / wastewater projects a distinct advantage
- Experience in the management and direction of site personnel
- Accurate record keeping, variations, extra’s and being able to communicate to the commercial management clearly
- Attending management meetings as they arise