Our client, a well regarded civil engineering company, are seeking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor. The company in question has experience in delivering significant projects all over the country. The successful candidate will join their team on a large infrastructure project in Cork and will report to the Commercial Director and will be responsible for managing the Commercial/Quantity Surveying functions of the contracts to maximise commercial success and profitability. This is a full time permanent position.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Establishing, monitoring and maintaining reporting arrangements, resources and client relationships.
- All Quantity Surveying duties including re-measurement, preparation of monthly progress applications and settlement of final accounts.
- Preparation of interim progress applications for payment and internal valuations.
- Procurement of subcontractor and specialist suppliers.
- Interim payments and settlement of subcontractors’ final account
- Negotiate with client’s representatives and other consultants
- Advise on commercial risks within the project or projects.
- Preparation of monthly contract cost reports and management accounts information.
- Preparation of Cost Preliminaries.
- Ensure that sub-contract documents are properly executed prior to project commencement.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying role
- A broad knowledge of Public Works contracts
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Good commercial and business acumen and IT literacy
- A third level qualification in a construction related discipline; preferably Quantity Surveying
- Must hold a full drivers licence