Our client, a leading main contractor with projects across Ireland and the UK, are looking to add a Senior Engineer to their team on a project in Scotland. The company in question has vast experience in delivering significant projects usually between €10m – €100m in value. The role would suit any engineer with 5+ years experience. This is a permanent role, with an excellent company who value career progression.
Key role requirements and responsibilities
- Ensure all technical information is available when required for the delivery of design and/or construction.
- Liaise with design team as necessary.
- Supervision and mentoring of Setting Out Engineers.
- Co-ordinate, direct and manage sub-contractors and suppliers as required by the project programme.
- Application of engineering principles in the preparation of calculations/drawings/sketches and resolution of engineering challenges within specific knowledge areas.
- Competent in the use of instruments for purposes of setting out and gathering information
- Consolidate a reputation for innovative engineering, technical expertise and professionalism.
- Implementing engineering systems, documentation and controls by compliance with Health & Safety legislation, Company and industry standards
- Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of various engineering disciplines including planning, QS, QA/QC, materials, plant and equipment, sub structure, superstructure, and temporary works.
- To promote forward thinking and strive for engineering excellence.
- Degree in Engineering/Construction related discipline is essential
- 5+ years previous experience is required
- RC Frame project experience beneficial
- Knowledgeable and confident in dealing with clients and other project teams
- Excellent programming and reporting skills
- Management of the safety, program, temp works, quality and budget on the site
- Highly computer literate in relevant tools, including MS Office, project programming and analysis tools
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience on healthcare, commercial or residential projects would be advantageous but not essential