About the role:
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Resident Engineer to work for a well established civil engineering consultancy in Limerick. The initial project is a Waste Water Treatment Plant . Ideally the company seeks a Civil Engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience who has previously worked on water treatment and wastewater projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for reporting to the relevant Project’s Employer’s Representative. He / She will also monitor and report on works being carried out to ensure that the relevant clients are fully informed of all issues arising on site. A competitive salary and benefits package will be on offer for the right candidate.
- Manage members of the engineering Team.
- They will be responsible for carrying out all orders and instructions from the Employer’s Representative
- Monitor the Contractor for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
- Monitor compliance with planning conditions (such as Full Planning, Part 8 and EIS) and relevant third party stakeholders requirements such as fisheries, heritage and ecological.
- Monitor the Contractor’s compliance with the Building and Control Amendment Regulations.
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders or statutory authorities.
- Monitor construction progress against the project programme.
- Recording volumes of work done
- Recording all facts which may lead to contractual claims.
- Prepare monthly progress reports and draft minutes of all site meetings.
- Monitoring of all commissioning works and ensure that the Contractor prepares all necessary “As Constructed” records.
- Ensure that the Contractor/PSCS provides the draft Safety Plan including the Safety File.
- Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience in a consulting or contracting environment.
- Experience in water/ wastewater projects is essential
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge and awareness of Safety and Health legislation and regulations.
- Safe Pass Training.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills together with Teamwork and Leadership