Our client, a medium sized construction group based in the South East, is looking to add a Civil Engineer to their team in on a permanent basis. The company specialises in medium scale civils developments such as roads and housing with project values ranging from €5m – €30m. Applicants from graduate to senior level will be considered. The company wishes to establish that it has numerous sites in Kilkenny, Carlow, Wicklow and Dublin and can be flexible with locating the successful candidate.
- The day to day setting out of all elements on the site
- Ensuring that the drawing, details and specifications are fully adhered too on site.
- Engaging with design teams to overcome any problems or issues that arise in the course of construction.
- Setting out and surveying on site
- Liaising with site management to ensure the smooth running and management of the project.
- Liaising with subcontractors
- Continual implementation of Site Health & Safety protocol
- Organising labourers
- Displaying a positive, pro-active approach to working in a team environment along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent decision making skills and the ability to be assertive
- Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering
- Site Engineering experience in Ireland
- 2+ years’ experience
- Proficient in use of setting out equipment – GPS, robotic total station, levelling equipment
- Roadworks or general Civil engineering experience
- Ability to maintain high levels of health, safety & quality on site
- Ability to manage sub-contractors
- Strong communication skills
- Promote and ensure high standards of Health, Safety and Quality on projects