Our Client, a leading Tier 1 Main Contractor are on the lookout for a Contracts Manager to lead and be accountable for a large project or portfolio of smaller projects, ensuring that the scope of works are delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the required quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes.
- Ensure works are planned, managed and delivered in a safe, controlled and environmentally sustainable manner.
- Ensure a strong culture for Never Harm is present on the project; actively promote engagement with the CDP programme.
- Ensure risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure responsibilities of Principal Contractor are discharged in line with CDM Regulations.
- To act in a professional manner, embodying the vision, values and purpose..
- To ensure that the project team act in a professional, morally and legally appropriate manner.
Building and leading the project team
- Organise the project teams to deliver the contracted scope of works.
- Manage the project teams, providing guidance and direction.
- Support the professional development of the project teams.
- Undertake line management responsibility of allocated operational and functional resources.
- Ensure appropriate communication and coordination of the project resources.
- Chair regular project team meetings, ensuring actions are recorded and closed out.
Delivery of project scope
- To be fully accountable for the delivery of the project, ensuring it is completed safely, on time, in accordance with the contract requirements and to the agreed budget.
- Ensure the project requirements are identified, understood and delivered.
- Identify issues and ensure they are resolved in a controlled and timely manner.
- Refer significant / strategic issues to the overseeing manager and work with them to ensure they are managed and resolved.
- Lead the identification, assessment and documentation of risks and opportunities. Develop and implement action plans to mitigate / reduce the impact of risks, and develop and implement realisation plans to enhance the benefit of opportunities.
- Manage the “fit to start” process to ensure that we mobilise in a controlled and timely manner to facilitate the timely delivery of the project scope. Ensure there is an effective, comprehensive and formal handover from the work winning team to the delivery team.
- Ensure that the project team works to progressively complete handover documentation so that we are “fit to finish”, complying with the contracted completion requirements of the Client.
- Ensure that the project team comply with company standards, policies and procedures (MIMS).
Our client’s workforce – Passionate about Direct
- Ensure adequate supervision deployed to coordinate and manage our direct workforce.
- Ensure effective two way communications are in place with our direct workforce.
- Ensure our direct workforce are supported in line with the business’ values.
Client & Stakeholder management
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with the Client and other project stakeholders (internal and external).
- Manage and resolve any actual or potential conflicts with the Client or project stakeholders.
- Represent the business to the Client and external stakeholders, embodying our vision, values and purpose.
- Ensure the requirements of the contract are understood and adhered to by the project team.
- Ensure the requirements of the contract are administered and discharged appropriately.
- Ensure that suitable and robust change control processes are in place to identify, notify, measure and agree the impact of change in accordance with the contract requirements.
- To ensure contract programmes are developed, reviewed and updated in accordance with the contract requirements.
- To ensure that the project works are planned and scheduled at an appropriate level of detail.
- To ensure programme information is communicated to the project team.
- To ensure the programme is updated regularly to enable identification of change and early warning of any potential issues and causes for concern.
- Ensure appropriate project controls are developed, implemented and updated regularly.
- Lead the review of project controls information to facilitate the timely identification of any issues or areas of concern.
- Ensure detailed records and allocation sheets are maintained for all aspects of the project.
- Ensure output and productivity measurement is in place for key activities / trades.
Forecasting and cost control
- Lead the development of a detailed cost forecast for the project, ensuring it is reviewed and updated regularly.
- Lead the development of resource forecasts (staff, labour, key plant and materials), ensuring they are aligned and coordinated with the programme.
- Lead the regular review of actual costs identifying any variances to the budget. Ensuring issues are identified and actions implemented to respond in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensuring spend is managed and controlled in line with the forecast.
- Ensure effective controls and governance in place to appropriately review and authorise spend on the project.
- Accountable for ensuring the financial performance of the project (or aspect of a project) is achieved or exceeded.
- Leading and coordinating the review of the project CRF on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring the project performance is reported in a transparent and accurate manner.
- Lead the development and implementation of improvement actions where necessary to ensure the financial objectives are achieved / bettered.
Supply chain management
- Support the procurement of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ensure suppliers and sub-contractors are managed and co-ordinated appropriately.
- Ensure supplier and sub-contractor contracts / orders are administered appropriately.
- Where necessary, contribute to work winning activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Appropriate safety training and qualification for the nature of the works (e.g. IOSHH, PTS).
- Experience in the project management of an engineering project.
- Technical knowledge appropriate to the nature of works.
- Awareness of the administration of construction contracts.
- Client and stakeholder management.
- Management of a project teams.
- Experience in developing and maintaining forecasts and budgets.
- Awareness of the use and interpretation of project controls to review the status of a project.
- Working knowledge of planning & programming.
- Strong written, oral and numeracy skills.
- Minimum Level 7, preferable Level 8 Degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Commercial and contractual awareness.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards the status.
Contracts Manager, Engineer, ContractsAPPLY FOR THIS JOB