We are currently recruiting a Civil Engineer for our client who delivers civils, utilities and infrastructure projects throughout Ireland. Initially, the successful candidate will be based in Cork. This individual will have experience within the civils environment and have been involved in the delivery of water, utilities or roads projects. The company in question has delivered projects which have ranged in value from €5m – €45m. This is a permanent position and an excellent career opportunity exists as the company place an emphasis on staff training, progression and development.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Degree educated in an engineering or construction discipline
- Anywhere from Graduate to Senior Engineer will be considered
- Knowledge of setting out procedures and engineering principles.
- Competent in the use of instruments for purposes of setting out and gathering information
- Ensure all technical information is available when required for the delivery of design and/or construction.
- Liaise with design team and stakeholders as necessary.
- Co-ordinate, direct and manage sub-contractors and suppliers as required by the project programme.
- Application of engineering principles in the preparation of calculations/drawings/sketches and resolution of engineering challenges within specific knowledge areas.
- Working knowledge and understanding of various engineering disciplines including planning, QS, QA/QC, materials, plant and equipment, sub structure, superstructure, and temporary works.