We have an excellent opportunity for a Buyer / Purchaser to join a construction company in Carlow. The purpose of this Buyer role is to support the team in application and enhancement of the supply chain. You will be dealing with multiple suppliers, negotiating rates, placing orders, schedules delivery in line with project programme.
**This is a permanent position and the successful candidate will have construction industry experience.**
Responsibilities & Skills Required:
- Assist with the procurement / purchasing function within the business.
- Implementation of company practices in purchasing.
- Research for information to allow for basic comparison of prices and suppliers quotations.
- To maintain working relationships with suppliers, who are committed to providing good quality materials, that are produced safely and at competitive prices.
- Assist with abstraction of details from bills of quantities under supervision.
- Ability to prioritise procurement problems.
- Ability to work to tight deadline to ensure the timely ordering of goods and services.
- Technical competence to be able to consider and put forward alternative materials/methods of working and assess cost effectiveness.
- Be a good negotiator.
- The ability to analyse in detail quotes received from the supply market, recognise the potential problems and/or gains and react accordingly.
- Ability to communicate within the supply market.
- Numerate, literate & accurate.
- Positive response to pressure.
- Technically competent in the purchasing process
- Must have construction industry experience
- Previous experience in a Buyer / Procurement role is preferred but not essential
- Computer literate – Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite
- Keen interest in learning & professional development
Carlow | South East| Midlands | Purchasing | BuyingAPPLY FOR THIS JOB