We are currently assisting our client, a leading utilities contractor who specialize in gas projects, in their recruitment of a Procurement Assistant to be based in Dublin. Previous experience within the construction/engineering industry would be very beneficial but not essential. The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Buyer, by enhancing the efficiency of procurement and by managing the contract expenditure in line with agreed objectives. The role is permanent and ideally the successful applicant will be 3rd level degree educated.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Carry out the admin duties for the procurement department.
- Assist with the procurement / purchasing function within the business.
- Implementation of company practices in purchasing.
- Research for information to allow for basic comparison of prices and suppliers quotations.
- To maintain working relationships with suppliers, who are committed to providing good quality materials, that are produced safely and at competitive prices.
- Assist with abstraction of details from bills of quantities under supervision.
- Understand the basic and commercial principles of the function.
- Ability to prioritise procurement problems.
- Ability to work to tight deadline to ensure the timely ordering of goods and services.
- Technical competence to be able to consider and put forward alternative materials/methods of working and assess cost effectiveness.
- Be a good negotiator.
- The ability to analyse in detail quotes received from the supply market, recognise the potential problems and/or gains and react accordingly.
- Ability to communicate within the supply market.
- Good communication skills and IT competence levels.
- Numerate, literate & accurate.
- Technically competent in the purchasing process
- Preferably 3rd level degree educated
- Computer literate – Good understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Keen interest in learning & professional development