Every week we bring you the biggest and latest news from across Ireland & the UK, this week we take a look at some of the major upcoming projects. Here are eight from this week that are worth a look.
- Almost 1,900 off-campus student accommodation places are due for completion in Dublin city centre by the start of the 2017 academic year, according to figures from Dublin City Council.
- An Bord Pleanála has granted permission for a €65 million development of more than 300 homes along the Royal Canal in Dublin.
- Work is likely to begin on Dublin Airport’s new runway by the end of next June after its owner, DAA, formally sought bids for the €320 million project on Monday.
- London City Airport extension which includes an extended terminal, a new aircraft taxiway and upgraded public transport links, will create 1,600 jobs, together with 500 construction jobs.
- Transport for London has officially started the hunt for a contractor to build the £263m Barking Riverside overground extension, a vital rail link for east London’s largest housing development site.
- Ireland’s construction sector experienced a sharp expansion in activity in July, on the back of an accelerated increase in new orders.