Our client is a leading main contractor proving resources to industry across telecommunications, power transmission and distribution, renewable energy and tower infrastructure. They are currently recruiting a Project Manager to be based in the UK. The role of the Project Manager will be to work closely with the Engineering Director and other Departments in the preparation, review and completion of works for various telecoms projects throughout Ireland and the UK. This is a permanent position that offers excellent career progression.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with customer to determine scope of work for program
- Design work-flow and identify key milestones
- Identify and address potential risks
- Ensure a consistent approach is adopted in delivering programs to the customer
- Design and develop a Program Tracker to track all project deliverables, to be visible upon request to Senior Management and/or the customer.
- Schedule sites as per crew availability and customer requirements to achieve an overall program.
- Assist other projects utilizing relevant skills and technical knowledge from time to time.
- Act as specific point of contact between Obelisk and the client for all communication.
- Proactively seek to reduce costs and maintain margins.
- Arrange site surveys
- Prepare Scope of Works
- Arrange drawings (DD, GAD, & Asbuilts)
- Review drawings completed
- Prepare BOM & BOL
- Complete documentation to draw down materials from third party and submit (Free Issue)
- Liaise with Account Manager
- Prepare Technical File for Planning Department
- Liaise with Planning Dept. for access to sites for surveys, EHS Plans
- Report on a daily basis to the Engineering Director
- Liaise with client
- Ensure first time right on all projects
Skills & Experience Required:
- Third level Engineering qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar position and industry
- Have a strong knowledge of industry leading technology solutions
- Self-motivated and versatile individual with a good analytical mind and background
- Can demonstrate strong commercial awareness and financial acumen
- Proven track record in delivering in a demanding multi-project environment
- Strong project/programme management skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and resource optimisation abilities
- Have an excellent knowledge of process improvement methodologies and tools
- Be a change catalyst with a passion for change and breakthrough thinking.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB