We are currently recruiting a Site Manager to join an established London Construction team, where the primary focus will be to ensure new build projects are built safely, economically to the agreed timescales and quality standards.
Our Client is currently working on an exciting £70+M scheme which is due for completion in early 2017, this project forms a part of phase two of a major programme of works to deliver 15,000 new residential units – one of the largest regeneration schemes in Europe.
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator with a positive, passionate and engaging approach when supporting and educating the business. They will also have an excellent ability to procure, interpret and disseminate contract information and be able to schedule materials and plant.This is a permanent position with the initial project based in London.
Experience in construction projects to the value of £30M is desirable.
- Issue site instructions in consultation with the commercial team.
- Input into risk/ opportunities register, and implement actions to mitigate risks and maximise opportunities.
- Control and manage preliminaries
- Maintain accurate site record, daily diaries and weekly progress reports.
- Monitor and manage the hiring plant.
- Review design drawings for buildability and co-ordination. Raise RFI where appropriate
- Manage the flow of sub-contractors design information as delegated by the Project Manager to suit the programme of works on site
- Assist the Project Manager and or Design Manager to produce and monitor the MIRS
- Agree sub-contractors long term and short term programme and monitor performance against these programmes
- Manage and direct site labour and maintain accurate records
- Monitor and understand position against contract programme, discuss and agree recovery programmes with the Project Manager
- Present safety inductions and maintain records
- Chair safety committee meetings with the supply chain
- Lead Quality trade interface meetings and maintain records
- The successful candidate will be an effective communicator with a positive, passionate and engaging approach when supporting and educating the business. You will have an excellent ability to procure, interpret and disseminate contract information and be able to schedule materials and plant.
You will have experience of managing new build construction projects to the value of £30M.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB