We are recruiting a Purchasing Assistant for a main contractor in north Co. Dublin. This successful candidate will have experience in the construction industry in either an administration or site based role and be seeking a long-term opportunity.
- Liaise with the engineering and project teams.
- Collate specifications, technical and quality requirements and produce PO’s for formal issue to the supply chain.
- Use of standard tendering documentation including compliancy and evaluation templates.
- Manage the purchasing and Invitation to Tender process
- Evaluate tender responses in terms of safety, quality and value for money.
- Procurement status reporting
- Assist in the identification of new suppliers and ensure due diligence is carried out for all new sources of supply.
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in a similar role within the construction industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Performance oriented and ability to deliver according to agreed targets and deadlines.
- Able to work in a highly organised and efficient manner.